As a child I loved my fruits, nature's candy, but vegetables were another story. I didn't hate vegetables, they just weren't my first choice, but when topped with gooey cheddar cheese I had my fork and knife ready! Anything topped with fromage, as the French call it, made the dish a lot more fun, colorful, and tasty. As "big kids", Dave and I still love the classic dishes we grew up in. We even like to dabble here and there to change it up a bit.
1 cup of water
1 head of broccoli
- 1 pack of tortillas
- 1 pack of cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack)
- Place water in a pot with the broccoli and boil for 2 minutes or until broccoli is soft, then chop into little pieces and set aside.
- Heat a different pan on medium heat and place tortilla.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cheese on top and let melt.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of broccoli.
- Fold one side of the tortilla to make a taco shape and place on a plate.
- Pair this with our salsa recipe.