- 8 oz oyster mushroom
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 large clove of shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 stalk green onions (optional)
- 2 cups of vegetable oil for 8 inch pan
- Take oyster mushrooms and tear them in half.
- Mince shallots and add to mushrooms.
- Add garlic salt.
- Mix tapioca flour and self-rising flour and coat mushrooms.
- Add warm water and stir.
- Chop green onions and add to mixture.
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat.
- Test heat by placing a chopstick and seeing if the oil starts to bubble around it.
- Place mushrooms in the pan one-by-one (the smaller the piece of mushroom the more it retains water).
- Reduce heat to avoid burning.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Pick up with tongs and let oil drip back into the pan.
- Once extra oil is removed place on plate.
- Pair with our vegetarian fish sauce or sauce of choice.