- 1 cup fresh pineapple slices
- 4 vegetarian fish, firm tofu, deep fried tofu, or king oyster mushroom
- 1/2 a shallot (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking rice wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon mushroom seasoning
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place claypot on medium heat to make it hot and then place on low heat.
- In claypot arrange 1/2 cup pineapple on its side.
- Next, place wok on high heat add two tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Sauté shallots until golden and then place the vegetarian fish or soy or mushroom.
- Once vegetarian fish is cooked place into claypot on medium/low heat.
- Place same wok on high heat add soy sauce, rice cooking wine, water, and sugar and let reduce (1 minute).
- Pour sauce into claypot and place on medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons water into wok to take the flavor from wok and pour into the claypot.
- Add other half of pineapples slices on top and cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.